#31 - Dr. Sandro Cerrate: A day in the life of a poultry nutritionistMar 28, 2023
In this new series of The Poultry Podcast Show, we will transport you right into the action and show you what A DAY IN THE LIFE of the main positions on a poultry farm looks like. Is poultry nutrition something you'd like to pursue? Would you like to learn more about the routine, the necessary skills, the challenges, and the opportunities of the area? So this episode is for you: We talk with Dr. Sandro Cerrate about the life of a nutritionist: daily tasks, feed formulation, data analysis, studies, and lots of advice.
What you’ll learn:
1. The daily routine of a poultry nutritionist
2. Challenges and opportunities working with broiler breeders
3. Formulating diets for commercial broilers
4. What to look for when being a poultry nutritionist consultant
5. Interacting with feed mill managers
6. Differences among diets, ingredients and husbandry in different countries
7. What a poultry nutritionist does on a day-to-day basis
8. Formulating diets: challenges, trends, and research
9. Practical cases: problems and solutions
10. Advices for the ones pursuing a career as a poultry nutritionist
Meet the guest
Dr. Sandro Cerrate
○ Current: Poultry Nutritionist Consultant
○ Past: Research Associate and Poultry Nutritionist
○ Ph.D., Poultry Nutrition (University of Arkansas at Fayetteville)
○ M.Sc., Animal Nutrition (Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina)
○ B.Sc., Animal Sciences (Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina)
Hobbies: Gardening, listening to music, and meditating to know more about me.
Favorite book, movie or TV series: Asi habla un Kero, Game of thrones.
Favorite quote: "In each human being there is the wisdom of all the universes, so to hear the voice that inhabits each one is to get in touch with that wisdom." - Jacobo Grimberg
A tip for success: Learn from everyone.
Connect with our guest on Social Media: LinkedIn